**Prints are available. Please leave a comment for more information.**

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Costa Rica - The Volcano Route Tour

I know that Costa Rica has always been a must see stop for me. From it's colourful birdlife, amazing outdoor sights and incredible history - they just voted in the first female president - it is a great getaway, with a little bit of everything for everyone. My favorite tour so far is going to be this one, provided from Worldwide Ecolodges. The best thing, is that they will personalize any trip for anyone, so even if this isn't your ideal vacation, let them know and they will customize it for you.

The Volcano Route - Private tour, departs from Liberia

Day 1: Rincon de la Vieja
Today you'll be met at the airport by our representative and made welcome in Costa Rica. You will then be transferred to the Hacienda Guachipelin Mountain Ecolodge about 1.5 hours along highway and mountain roads. The hacienda borders Rincon de la Vieja National Park. Natural hot springs, virgin forests, jungle waterfalls and volcanic mud pots. The hotel is surrounded by lush gardens with native trees, exotic flowers and many types of birds and it has views to both the volcano and the Pacific Ocean.

Day 2, 3: At Ecolodge
These days offer a host of different activities that you may optionally take. There are fun family friendly rafting trips along the Colorado river, ziplines, rainforest hikes and a crater tour to the volcano. These can be booked at the lodge at an additional cost. (B)

Day 4: To Arenal Volcano Area
Scenic drive with our driver to Arenal. Arenal Volcano National Park encompasses thousands of acres of pristine rainforest and teems with tropical birds and wildlife. This evening you will be at Lomas del Volcan near the village of La Fortuna. (B)

Day 5: La Fortuna Sustainable Farm
Today we will be stopping to visit Mr. Juan Bautista on his sustainable farm. Mr. Bautista is a former teacher and principle living in La Fortuna. He is now a local farmer with a small five acre farm to show visitors how to live more closely with the nearby rainforest. He grows more than 60 crop species, including native and introduced plants, and medicinal plants such as Curcuma Ginger root. After harvesting fresh produce such as cassava root, lettuce, plaintains and more, the farm tour ends and you can try tortilla making and enjoy a typical lunch prepared by Mrs. Bautista. (B,L)

Day 6: Arenal Area
Today there are daily optional tours, such as the Hanging Bridges elevated walkway, visits to the Ecotermales Hotsprings, lava bed hikes, rafting on the Sarapiqui river, Cano Negro wetlands and wildlife tour and others. These can be booked at the lodge at an additional cost. The lodge also has a pool and is a great place to relax. (B)

Day 7: Transfer out
This morning you will be taken to the airport or to your choice of any beach resort along the Nicoya peninsula.

Includes 6 nights accomodation, transfers, tours and meals as noted, and taxes. Optional tours are not included.

Price per person - based on twin share - From $875

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never felt my feet firmly planted on the ground.  When I was a child, I would dream of far away places filled with jumping kangaroos and gladiators.  I took my first trip when I was 19, running away from my issues and neglecting to deal with skeletons in my closet.  

Since then I have returned to my first home, and have found that while it has a special place in my heart, it is no longer home.

So I roam the planet, looking for a place for me to plant my feet, and find a home.  Will I find it in this life time?  I'll never know until I find it.  But I will continue looking for it, until my last breath.

These are my journeys.